Anytime your fire TV run into trouble shooting, please follow below steps to get the log to Best Buy and Amazon team for analysis. We will base the information to solve issue as soon as possible, more detail more helpful.
- Make sure you TV is connected to internet.
2. Record this TV’s DSN (Serial Number), which you can find by enter TV menu Settings-Device & Software->About->Your TV.
3. Try to reproduce the issue and do record, take pictures or video will be more helpful.
4. When the issue reproduced, please record this TV’s system time.
PS: You can find this TV’s system time when long press remote control Home button to call out Quick Setting Menu.
5. When the issue reproduced, press remote control UP button + Play/ Pause button at the same time and hold more than 5 seconds, then press Option button. You will see the Device Logging as below picture show. Please record the tag number.
6. Make sure the TV is connected to internet. If TV show message “Uploaded logs successfully!”, it means the log has been success upload to Amazon service. However, the log upload speed depends on internet speed and log documents size, suggest keeping the TV connected to internet more than 30 minutes.
7. If the TV show message “Ignoring new log upload request as the previous request is still in progress”, it means your last log did not complete upload to server, the new log can not be uploaded. You can try it later.
8. Finally, please provide the TV DSN, issue reproduced TV system time, Device log tag number to Best Buy and Amazon technical team.